Mark Cheng specializes in family law, dispute resolution, personal injury claims, international arbitration, corporate and commercial law, and commercial litigation.
His expertise extends to insurance defense and coverage litigation, where he has represented and advised insurance companies on various claims before Singapore courts.
In the corporate and commercial realm, Mark has focused on facilitating foreign investment into Indonesia, providing counsel to clients in sectors such as energy, mining, oil and gas, aviation, shipping, and agriculture. His work includes advising on joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, franchising, and licensing.
Mark’s experience encompasses handling IPOs on the Main Board and the GEM of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, including significant listings such as ZACD Group Limited and LHN Limited.
Previously serving as in-house counsel at the Asia Regional Head Office of the Rakuten Group, Mark managed cross-border corporate, compliance, and regulatory affairs, collaborating with global in-house counsel in English, Mandarin, and Japanese.
Mark’s legal highlights include:
Family Law and Divorce
- Providing comprehensive advice on divorce and family law matters, including asset division, custody, and estate planning.
Dispute Resolution (Insurance and Personal Injury)
- Representing public liability insurers in cases involving environmental losses and business interruption claims.
- Successfully handling a personal injury claim and resisting an appeal related to government subsidies and grants.
Dispute Resolution (Commercial)
- Acting for an F&B group against a fraudulent shareholder, conducting rectification and restructuring work.
- Advising an Indonesian subsidiary of a German MNC on Indonesian manpower laws and regulations.
M&A / Corporate and Commercial
- Assisting a SGX mainboard-listed company in its joint venture for franchising business in Indonesia.
- Advising a Hong Kong bank on a facility letter with a borrower.
Legal Due Diligence (Public Offering)
- Serving as a Singapore legal advisor for the listing of ZACD Group Limited and conducting legal due diligence for LHN Limited’s dual listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
Mark is proficient in English, Mandarin, Japanese, and has a working knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia