Lim Chong Boon
Head of Family Law & Dispute Resolution
Lim Chong Boon is Head of Family Law and General Litigation at PKWA Law, one of the most established family law practices in Singapore. Chong Boon is recognised as one of Singapore's leading family and divorce lawyers by leading legal publications such as Benchmark Litigation Asia Pacific and Doyles Guide to Leading Singapore Family and Divorce Lawyers.
More about Lim Chong Boon
Lim Chong Boon is Head of the Family Law and General Litigation at PKWA Law.
Chong Boon leads one of the largest teams of family lawyers in Singapore. His Family Law Practice Group is recognised by leading legal publications such as Asian Legal Business, Doyles Guide, Benchmark Litigation as one of the top family law practices in the region. Notably, the Straits Times has recognized PKWA Law as one of “Singapore’s Best Law Firms” for family law in 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2024.
Chong Boon is recognised as a leading family lawyer:
- Chong Boon is ranked by Dolyes Guide to Leading Singapore Family Lawyers as a Leading Family and Singapore Divorce Lawyer in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023.
- Chong Boon is also named a Litigation Star for family law by Benchmark Litigation Asia Pacific editions in 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022
Chong Boon is the co-author of “Divorce Done Right: A Guide to Family Law in Singapore” published in 2021.
Chong Boon has a legal practice across different areas of law:
- Family and divorce law
- Commercial litigation
- Company law
- Construction litigation
- Corporate debt recovery
- Directors and shareholders’ disputes
- Employment law
- Intellectual property
- Immigration matters
- Landlord-tenant disputes
- Property disputes
- Handling protracted and highly complex litigation in the Singapore High Court involving one of the largest corporate bond defaults in emerging markets history, valued at US$300 million.
- Advising a leading global operator of water services on employment matters and general corporate advice for its Asia Pacific office.
- Representing a government statutory board in obtaining urgent interlocutory injunctions against occupiers for causing nuisance and breach of contract.
- Advocating for Jurong Town Corporation in property disputes and securing possession of property from errant tenants.
- Successfully defending all 8 defendants in the High Court and Court of Appeal against a US$27 million multi-cause of action claim for breach of contract, breach of agency, and conspiracy to defraud.
- Representing Propnex, one of Singapore’s largest property agency companies, in a legal action against former employees and agents for staff poaching and breach of contract.
- Defending former students in a defamation suit brought by a trainer.
- Acting for a US-listed MNC in litigation over the construction of a wafer fab plant in Singapore.
- Handling credit card and housing loan recovery cases for DBS Bank.
- Advocating for a prominent and affluent Singapore businessman in divorce proceedings and related issues.
- Assisting a prominent senior Singapore lawyer in a highly contentious divorce matter, division of assets, and child custody disputes.
- Representing the CEO of a listed company in divorce proceedings and ancillary matters.
- Securing half of an ex-husband’s lottery win for a wife.
- Crafting pre-nuptial agreements for high net-worth clients.
Appointments and Memberships:
- Served on the Council of the Law Society of Singapore for two terms from 1993 to 1996.
- Appointed by the Chief Justice to the Inquiry Panel of the Law Society of Singapore from 2013 to 2025.
- Served in the Civil Practice Committee at the Law Society of Singapore.
- Formerly chaired the Sports Committee at the Law Society of Singapore.
- Commissioner for Oaths.
- Designated as an Assigned lawyer with the Legal Aid Bureau, Ministry of Law.
- Past tutor in the Practice Law Course of the Board of Legal Education, teaching Family Law, Civil Procedure, Insolvency, and Bankruptcy.
- Fellow of the Asian Institute of Alternative Dispute Resolution (AiADR).
- Member of the Law Society of Singapore.
- Member of the Singapore Academy of Law.
Chong Boon’s insights into family law have led to media interviews on various occasions, where he has shared his perspectives on family law-related topics. His expertise has been sought by the media for insights into issues such as digital asset access, divorce trends, custody matters, and dispute resolution.
In addition to his legal career, Chong Boon has significantly contributed to the legal community through publications and co-authorship. He co-authored the book “Divorce Done Right: A Guide to Family Law in Singapore” published in 2021.
Chong Boon has been interviewed by the media for his views on family law, including:
- Who gets access to your digital assets, accounts when you are dead? – Straits Times.
- Breakups soon after marriage at 20-year high – Straits Times.
- More divorcees visiting kids under supervision – Straits Times.
- More break-ups among less-educated – Straits Times.
- Genuine interest needed to last in the community – Straits Times.
- When parents have different discipline styles – Young Parents.
- Dealing with irreconcilable differences – Singapore Business Review.
- Family Justice Courts launch a cheaper and faster way for users to file applications – Straits Times.
- Couple agreed to split 50% of flat’s value, but court says it must be 100% – The Straits Times
- Chong Boon is the co-author of the divorce book “Divorce Done Right: A Guide to Family Law in Singapore” published in 2021.
- Chong Boon is a contributor/author for Lexis Practical Guidance – Family Law Module
- Co-author of The latest Singapore law on division of matrimonial assets